Introduction to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Counter Terrorism Financing (CTF)
- Χρηματοοικ. Ασφαλιστικά Τραπεζικά - Νομοθεσία, Νομική & Δικηγόροι
As criminals invent more and more ways to cover up their illegal activities, so does the need for professionals in these industries to understand their obligations under the Law but also to meticulously follow specific regulatory compliance procedures.The need for the best and most thorough management of the risks that may arise in financial transactions with clients / partners, is increasingly imperative for the financial sector as well as for lawyers and accountants.
The purpose of the seminar is to cover the provisions of the legislation on the Prevention and Combating of Money Laundering and the forthcoming changes with the implementation of the 5th and 6th European Directives. During the seminar the main parameters of the risk-based approach will be explained, the main actors, as well as the procedures to be followed by the responsible entities will be examined. In addition, there will be analysis and discussion on practical examples and introduction to information security.
At a Knowledge Level
- Describe techniques used by criminals for money laundering & terrorist financing purposes.
- Name and describe the 3 stages of AML & CTF.
- Separate transactions that may violate the basic provisions of the main economic sanctions regimes in Europe, the United Nations and the United States
At a skills level:
- Develop and implement a "risk-based approach" for each client.
- Document the implementation of enhanced and simplified "due diligence measures" in proportion to the potential risk arising from the respective professional relationship / agreement.
- Execute and comply with the basic provisions of the main economic sanctions regimes in Europe, the United Nations and the United States.
At an Approach level:
- Cooperate with the supervisory authorities / supervisors accordingly
- They compare their internal procedures with the provisions of the Law.
ΣΕ ΠΟΙΟΥΣ ΑΠΕΥΘΥΝΕΤΑΙ
- Regulatory compliance officers of administrative service companies.
- Executives / regulatory compliance officers of Banks, Investment Services Providers and Insurance Companies.
- Supervisory Officers - Supervision Department.
- Executives exercising auditing responsibilities in companies (such as internal auditors, certified auditors and operational risk management executives).
- Lawyers, Accountants, Brokers and all liable entities, based on the relevant legislation.
- What is Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing
- Cyprus AML Legislation and other recent developments
- Key Players in AML
- RBA (Theory & Concept), EDD & SDD
- Fake news
- Red Flags
- 5th & 6th EU Directive (in depth analysis) and Recent Developments
The course is delivered by someone with hands on experience. Highly practical, relevant and important and safely this course is for you.The instructor blends theory with highly practical case studies and examples derived from his long experience.
*The course may be approved for up to 6CPD units verified directly by the participant's association, regulator or other bodies which holds membership.
** For the Cyprus Bar Association Members this counts as part of their Continuous Professional Development, qualified as Non-verifiable CPDs.
Έλενα Κούσιου Χατζηδημητρίου - Partner with Koushos Korfiotis Papacharalambous LLC
Elena Koushou Hadjidemetriou worked initially as an associate and thereafter became partner, at Koushos & Korfiotis LLC. Elena holds the position of partner with Koushos Korfiotis Papacharalambous LLC, and has extensive experience in the area of litigation and regularly appears before all levels of Courts, including the Supreme Court of Justice of Cyprus and all levels of the District Court. Elena mostly handles cases of Medical Negligence, Labour Law and Criminal cases, including but not limited to, cases of cheques, battery assault and all kinds of traffic accidents. Following completion of the 40-hour mediation program of the CCCI she has since participated in numerous Mediations, family oriented and commercial, both as mediator and counsel for party in Mediation. Furthermore, Elena has been awarded with the Arbitration Practitioner (ArbP) Certificate by the Swiss Arbitration Academy in April 2020. Since then, Elena has participated in Arbitration proceedings both nationally and internationally, including also sports cases at Tribunal Arbitral Du Sport (CAS) and not only. Elena has been Head of the Compliance Department since 2018 and is an ACAMS - AML SPECIALIST.
Αναλυτικό Κόστος Σεμιναρίου
Για Δικαιούχους ΑνΑΔ
- € 290.00
- € 120.00
- € 0.00
- € 170.00
Για μη-Δικαιούχους ΑνΑΔ
- € 290.00
- € 58.00
- € 44.08
- € 232.00
Πέμπτη - 15 Φεβ 2024
09:00 - 16:00
ΕΚΠΑΙΔΕΥΤΗΣ:Έλενα Κούσιου Χατζηδημητρίου
OnLine Virtual Classroom
Εκδήλωση Ενδιαφέροντος : Introduction to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Counter Terrorism Financing (CTF)
Σεμινάρια στην ίδια κατηγορία από τον ίδιο διοργανωτή
Whether you are handling AML due diligence, compliance, fraud control or even cyber security itself, good online investigation skills and techniques are an esse...
7 ώρες (1 ημέρα)