The Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Πληροφορική - Επαγγελματίες IT - Νομοθεσία, Νομική & Δικηγόροι
One of the new obligations introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the requirement to conduct a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) for the processing activities that are likely to pose a high risk to the data subjects’ rights and freedoms.
The DPIA is a key risk assessment process outlined in the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as it helps organisations make an early evaluation of the impact a business process might have on the privacy of the individuals involved.
This workshop provides participants with the practical knowledge needed to complete a data protection impact assessment (DPIA) that will reduce privacy risks as early as possible and identify the various risks arising from processing personal data.
- Understand the principles and basics of GDPR
- Learn how to develop a DPIA
- Master how to implement a DPIA project
- Apprehend how to monitor the results and take required action
- Outline the impact assessment applicable to their organisation
- Identify the need to conduct a data protection impact assessment
- Lead and participate in data protection impact assessments
- Identify and assess the risks to which data subjects are exposed
- Prepare a report which includes all the necessary information
ΣΕ ΠΟΙΟΥΣ ΑΠΕΥΘΥΝΕΤΑΙ
The programme is ideal for:
- Data Protection Officers (DPOs)
- Data Privacy/Protection Specialists
- Data Controllers
- Data Protection Auditors (internal and external)
- Individuals who will be assigned as DPOs
- Internal Auditors and People working in IT Audits
- Risk Managers and Business Process Managers
- HR Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Continuity Managers
- IT Security Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Risk Managers / Officers
- Anyone participating in the data protection impact assessment within their own organisation
- Introduction about GDPR
- Purpose of the GDPR
- GDPR Terminology & Techniques
- The 7 Principles of DPIA
Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Definition of a DPIA
- Legal Requirements for a DPIA
- Objectives of a DPIA
- Benefits of a DPIA
- Four Stages of a DPIA
- Content of DPIA and Indicative Questions When Conducting a DPIA
- Processes Considered for a DPIA
- DPIA Decision Path
- How to develop and Conduct a DPIA
- Signing Off a DPIA
- How to Implement a DPIA Project
- How to Monitor the Results and Take Required Action
- Responsibilities Regarding DPIA
- What Triggers a DPIA
- When Should a DPIA be Carried Out?
- When is a DPIA Not Required?
- Is There an Obligation to Publish the DPIA?
- When Must Supervisory Authority Be Consulted?
- Mitigating Risks Identified by a DPIA
- Why and How to Conduct a Data Flow Mapping Exercise
- Two Case Studies
Regulatory Fines Resulting from Inappropriate DPIAs
National Regulators Recommendations and Guidance
Conclusion and Recommendations
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills via short lectures, case-studies and practical examples. Participants will be able to engage in discussions surrounding the principles of Data Protection Impact Assessment and understand all the practical knowledge needed to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA). They will also benefit from feedback at the end of the programme and take away the knowledge gained to be transferred at their workplace.
This programme may be approved for up to 7 CPD units in GDPR. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
For groups within the same organisation, this course may be customized to meet any specific needs and delivered in-house.
Αναλυτικό Κόστος Σεμιναρίου
- € 260.00
- € 0.00
- € 49.40
- € 260.00
Πέμπτη - 27 Οκτ 2022
09:00 - 17:15
Nadine Ghosn Eid
OnLine Virtual Classroom
Εκδήλωση Ενδιαφέροντος : The Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
Σεμινάρια στην ίδια κατηγορία από τον ίδιο διοργανωτή
Global Compliance Institute (GCI) is an International Financial Crime Prevention and Compliance Training Institute.We help you build the practical skills you ne...
14 ώρες (3 μέρες)
All businesses use personal data gathered from customers, suppliers and colleagues in some way or another. It is in the interest of our companies and organisati...
5 ώρες (2 μέρες)
There is no business endeavour without taking risks. So, this does not pose a question about not taking risks, but about which risks are worth taking and which...
5 ώρες (1 ημέρα)
Conducting third party due diligence is by far the most important anti-corruption control, and there are some important differences compared to conducting custo...
5 ώρες (2 μέρες)
Regulated entities around the world are required to implement strong AML measures to prevent the misuse of their products and services by criminals who are look...
1 ώρες (1 ημέρα)
DescriptionThis course examines GDPR from a Staff Awareness perspective. You will appreciate the need, scope and concepts of GDPR as well as learn about the pri...
DescriptionThis course offers a basic overview of the Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing. It addresses the macroeconomic consequences of unchecked money l...
DESCRIPTIONThis course aims, is to assist professionals in investment firms, in particularly those whose primary function is within the Sales, customer retentio...
Description This course will cover the syllabus of BTA's Certified Blockchain Security Professional (CBSP) examination. The Certified Blockchain Security Profes...